Je viens d’installer la version 1.3alpha3 du 05 septembre de WordPress. Ce billet en anglais parle des premiers pas entrepris.
I didn’t have a changelog at the old site. The still valid and active site, I ought to say, because this one will take some work. It will go life when and only when
- Everything — plugins, permalinks, layout — works satisfactorily and
- I know how to safely redirect everyone who might have or find an obsolete link to the free.fr/serendipity site.
What is done:
- installed WP 1.3-nightly-0509
- corrected incorrect path information in the imported database, in particular the variable HOME and some picture upload directories
- activated the Markdown 1.0 plugin that came with the installation
- copied and renamed the “Raspberry Milkshake” style sheet for the admin panel
This is the to-do list, not necessarily in any logical order:
- decide on a permalink structure and activate it
- move over my custom quicktags
- install the language picker plugin and make it compatible with the permalink structure (note: WP1.3 is incompatible with Stevarino’s faked folders; I hope the WP Rulers & Masters get static posts to work soon)
- redesign the site: better positioning, background, new menu/navigation bar, non-jumpy header, cross-browser compatibility; rethink search and archive pages
- implement elements of Stephanie’s multilingual posting functionality — maybe hack the language picker plugin a little
To be continued and completed.